Paragon Software Group and German reference book publisher Langenscheidt have released the mobile version of the UEFA Football Dictionary for Apple’s iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The unique reference source provides trilingual translations or monolingual word definitions in three official UEFA languages – German, English and French – of all terms related to football. From official terms used by the international governing bodies of soccer to common terms of interest to football fans the world over, translating all aspects of the games in three major world languages is conveniently handled in one mobile application.
The dictionary contains about 5,700 terms relating directly to the game and its plays, and also includes terms for special-interest subjects such as stadium and security, equipment, medical matters, media matters, and management and administration. Each term is defined, with an explanatory note, example, synonyms and cross-references where applicable. This reliable and authoritative dictionary helps facilitate multilingual communication both on the field and on the sidelines.
• Over 5,700 specialist terms!
• No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expenses.
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Search History for the last 100 articles.
• Clear your search history.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Flash Card Quiz enables you to add new words to flash cards and test your knowledge as many times as you wish.
• New! Landscape mode support.
Compatibility: iPad, iPhone and iPod touch OS 3.0-4.0.
The UEFA Football Dictionary for Apple devices is available for US$15.99 (12.99 EUR) or at a special promotional price $11.99 (9.99 EUR) through July 12 via download from the App Store here.
Source: Paragon Software Group