Magellan today announced a new vehicle mount for the iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and second generation iPod touch. With a built-in GPS receiver for improved navigation accuracy, the Premium Car Kit features an amplified speaker for crystal clear directions and enhanced Bluetooth hands-free calling and clear turn-by-turn directions.
For iPod touch 2G users, the GPS receiver in the Magellan Premium Car Kit allows true navigation functionality, turning the iPod touch into a complete car navigation system. Once the iPod touch is connected to the Premium Car Kit, a separate Bluetooth enabled mobile phone can be connected to it via Bluetooth for hands-free calling.
“Building on the ease of the Magellan RoadMate app, we are proud to introduce a cutting-edge Premium Car Kit that gives our consumers the entire in-car navigation experience from their iPhone or iPod touch,” said Peggy Fong, Chief Operating Officer for Magellan, in the press release
Features of the Premium Car Kit include the following:
• Secure vehicle mounting for iPhone or iPod touch
• Accommodates most silicon skins and hard shell cases
• Adjustable mount securely rotates iPhone to either portrait or landscape mode for optimal positioning and widescreen route display
• Recharges battery via the vehicle power outlet
• Amplified speaker with volume control for loud and clear phone calls and directions
• Noise canceling microphone for full duplex speakerphone operation
• Auxiliary audio output (for connection to your car stereo)
• Works with all navigation applications (including the Magellan RoadMate for iPhone application)
• Bluetooth enables hands-free calling
Available now for pre-order, the car kit will retail for US$129.99.
More info here.
Source: MiTAC Digital Corp.