Amazon today announced that Kindle for iPhone App for iPhone and iPod touch is now available from the Apple App Store in more than 60 additional countries. The Kindle for iPhone App features Amazon’s Whispersync technology that saves and synchronizes a customer’s bookmarks across their Kindle devices and Kindle cross-platform applications, which include Kindle for iPhone and iPod touch, Kindle for PC, and in the coming months, Kindle for Mac and Kindle for Blackberry. Kindle customers can read a few pages on their Kindle, a few more pages on their Kindle-compatible device such as an iPhone and never lose their place.
“We are excited to make the Kindle for iPhone App available to iPhone and iPod touch users in more than 60 countries, allowing them to access the vast selection of the most popular books, all available wirelessly from the Kindle Store,” said Ian Freed, vice president, Amazon Kindle. “The Kindle for iPhone App is the perfect companion for customers who own a Kindle or Kindle DX, and a great way for customers around the world to download and read books even if they don’t yet have a Kindle.”
With Kindle for iPhone and iPod touch customers in over 60 countries can:
• Purchase, download and read hundreds of thousands of books available in the Kindle Store.
• Read the beginning of books for free before they buy.
• Add and automatically synchronize bookmarks and last page read.
• Access their library of previously purchased Kindle books stored on Amazon’s servers for free.
• Choose from six different font sizes and adjust words per line.
• Add and view notes and highlights marked on Kindle and Kindle DX.
• Read books in full color including children’s books, cookbooks, travel books, textbooks and graphic novels.
The Kindle App is available for free from Apple’s iTunes App Store for iPhone and iPod touch here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “James W.” for the heads up.]