“The latest beta release of iPhone OS 3.1 features a few small but necessary updates aimed at iPhone 3GS devices that both developers and users will welcome,” iPhone Savior reports. “One of those features include new APIs to that will enable third party apps to access videos along with the edit function. Expect a fresh crop of apps that will include iPhone video access.”
Here’s a list of some changes revealed in iPhone OS 3.1:
• [Non-destructive] video editing on iPhone 3GS won’t overwrite the original when trimming a clip.
• iPhone will now vibrate when arranging home screen icons.
• “Fraud Protection” toggle has been added to settings under Safari.
• iPhone boot time is now faster.
• Voice Control over Bluetooth.
• New APIs to enable third party apps to access videos and edit them.
More info, links, and screenshots here.
Sam Oliver reports for AppleInsider, “Several developers are also reporting that the MMS button has resurfaced in the Messages application, possibly signaling plans by AT&T to begin supporting picture, sound, and video messages around the release of iPhone Software 3.1. Although developers testing yesterday’s beta report being able to insert multimedia into messages, those files are still rejected by the U.S. carrier’s network.”
Full article here.