NewerTech today announced the award-winning Guardian MAXimus RAID 1 mirror storage solution has been updated to now provide “Quad-Interface” connection choices – eSATA plus standard FireWire 800, FireWire 400, and USB 2.0 interface ports – and an improved energy efficient design with up to 40% lower power usage for high performance “live activity” data redundancy/backup at speeds up to 300MB/s.
Guardian MAXimus is a Plug And Play “live activity” data redundant/backup solution for financial records, medical files, business projects — any critical data that consumer and professional users simply cannot risk losing. Always guarding against data loss and costly system downtime, Guardian MAXimus writes the same information in real-time to two separate drives, each offering up to 2TB of storage capacity, for a “mirrored” copy. Guardian MAXimus also protects users from costly system downtime and data recovery after a hard drive system crash. Even daily scheduled software backups can’t protect users from their last backup to the time when the hard drive fails.
Utilizing the latest technology advances in energy efficiency, Guardian MAXimus provides up to a 40 percent power reduction, reduced thermal emissions, and extended drive life versus traditionally powered external storage solutions. It accomplishes this feat with a combination of hard drives requiring less operating power and a thermo-regulated “Smart Fan” that increases in speed during heavy drive usage. Guardian MAXimus further adds to its “eco-friendly” design with RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) certification.
With a “Quad Interface” of two FireWire 800, one FireWire 400, one USB 2.0, and one eSATA ports, Guardian MAXimus doesn’t require any configuration to work with legacy Macs, the latest 2009 Mac models, as well as PCs. It provides data transfer speeds up to 300MB/s and can be moved between different systems utilizing its supported interfaces with complete interoperability for maximum data backup performance and flexibility.
“The new Guardian MAXimus builds upon an award-winning, expert reviewed reputation established by the previous generation “Triple Interface” Guardian MAXimus,” said Larry O’Connor, President, Newer Technology Inc. in the press release. “With its best in class combination of speed, reliability, and compatibility, the new Guardian MAXimus is the ideal backup solution for creative professionals requiring both high performance and multiple interface flexibility.”
Guardian MAXimus Line Features:
• Up to 2.0TB + 2.0TB of mirrored storage capacity
• Up to 64MB of drive cache (32MB per drive)
• Custom Oxford 936DS bridge solution
• 2 FireWire 800 9 pin ports
• 1 FireWire 400 6 pin port
• 1 USB 2.0 “B” port – backwards compatible with USB 1.1
• 1 eSATA port
• Front panel drive status LEDs
• Thermo-regulated “Smart Fan” for super quiet operation
• RoHS certified
• 9.3″ x 2.8″ x 5.6″ size, 2.68 lb empty enclosure weight
• US/International 90~240V 4.2A UL- listed power supply
• All interface connecting cables included
• 3 year solution warranty
• Compatible with Apple OS 8.6 to 9.2.2, OS X 10.0.x and later (10.2.8 or later required for FW800 and eSATA), and Windows 98SE and later operating systems.
• Includes $200 retail value utility software bundle consisting of ProSoft Engineering Data Backup 3, NovaStor NovaBACKUP, Intech SpeedTools Utilities, and Carbon Copy Cloner.
Guardian MAXimus is available immediately in 10 pre-configured solutions, from 250GB to 2TB capacity and disk speeds from variable up to 10,000RPM, priced starting at $229.99 MSRP from NewerTech’s exclusive distributor, Other World Computing, as well as through the retail channel. The 0GB “Add Your Own SATA Drives” kit is also available for $149.99 MSRP.
More information on the NewerTech Guardian MAXimus can be found here.