The juice pack air is a rechargeable external battery concealed inside of a protective form-fitting case for the iPhone 3G. It offers you the full protection of a hard-shell case while providing virtually twice the battery life of the iPhone alone; all in an ultra-thin, light-weight, low-profile design in a choice of three colors: black, white, or purple. The “air” is more than 50 percent thinner than the original juice pack for iPhone 3G.
The mophie juice pack air offers users:
• 270 additional hours of standby time
• 4.5 hours of talk time or Internet surfing
• 20 hours of music playback
• 6 hours of video playback
• The world’s thinnest Apple certified “Works With iPhone” external battery in the world
• Rechargeable 1200mAh lithium polymer battery virtually doubles your time to rock, talk, surf and send
• Pass-through USB charging and sync with iTunes
• Extended smart battery and full case protection
• On/Off switch offers choice of battery or case
• Integrated 4 LED charge status indicator
The mophie juice pack air is available for pre-order for US$79.95.
More info here.
MacDailyNews Note: We plan to review this new unit as soon as it is available.
For users looking for even more battery life, mophie’s 1800mAh juice pack for iPhone 3G (already shipping) offers:
• Standby Time – Up to 350 hours
• Talk Time – Up to 6 hours on 3G | Up to 12 hours on 2G
• Internet Use – Up to 6 hours on 3G | Up to 7 hours on Wi-Fi
• Audio Playback – Up to 28 hours
• Video Playback – Up to 8 hours
More info and our review here.