Apple’s iPhone 3G has been unlocked according to The Dev-Team Blog.
“We have been working hard on a few other things. The main one being the 3G unlock codenamed ‘yellowsn0w.’ This is now completed and is currently being packaged into a user-friendly application with the simplicity that you see in QuickPwn or BootNeuter,” The Dev-Team blogs.
• The target release date for the unlock is New Year’s Eve 2008.
• This unlock method is available to iPhone 3Gs that have 2.11.07 baseband or earlier, we did warn you.
• The unlock requires a jailbroken 3G iPhone. It’ll be installable via Cydia and so it doesn’t matter if you have a Mac or PC.
• Please refrain from updating your baseband, regardless of what version you’re at. We’ll have complete directions on New Year’s Eve.
• We’ll stream a live demo of the unlock before Christmas (see the update at the end of this post)
Full article here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “TheConfuzed1” for the heads up.]