Celebrating its fifth year, iLounge’s iPod and iPhone buyers’ guide has arrived.
Packed with the latest and greatest new products, the 150-page 2009 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide features more than a dozen new sections. Here’s what’s inside:
• 100 Best iPhone and iPod touch Apps and Games: With more than 5,500 applications currently available on the App Store, it’s hard to know which apps are right for you. iLounge has done the leg work for you in our dedicated roundup of the 100 Best Apps and Games, which highlights the best apps they’ve seen for Apple’s new mobile platform, from racing games and RSS readers to puzzlers and photography apps. A listing of Ten App Developers to watch is inside, as well.
• Top Accessories for iPod + iPhone: With ratings for well over 2,000 accessories inside, the Guide offers a model-by-model breakdown of the best accessories for each iPod and iPhone, including speakers, earphones, cases, and more.
• Best of the Year and Readers’ Choice Awards: From thousands of recent releases, iLounge’s editors have selected the very cream of the crop for “Best of the Year” awards. Products from companies such as SwitchEasy, Logitech, Griffin, and Contour Design are honored, along with software releases from Gameloft, Pandora, PopCap Games, and others. For the first time ever, iLounge also gave readers a chance to pick favorites for Accessory Maker, Game Developer, App Developer, and Apple media player of the year, the winners of which can be found in the Guide.
• iProvocateur and iPod As Art Winners: Find out who took home over $5,000 in amazing prizes from iLounge’s biggest contests ever, and enjoy a gallery of the winners, runners-up, and other notable entries.
• Complete History of iPod and iPhone Products: iLounge’s updated timeline tells the story of Apple’s progression from the first release of iTunes and the original iPod to the company’s dominance of the digital music industry through the iTunes Store and the growth of the iPhone OS as a portable computing platform.
• Buying and Selling iPods and iPhones: This comprehensive section gives you up-to-date price listings not just for current iPods, but also for older devices, including eBay selling prices for every past model.
• Complete Color Charts for all iPod and iPhone models: While many think of the iPod as an iconic white device, Apple has released models in a wide variety of colors over the last several years. iLounge rounds up all the iPods and iPhones for a comparative photographic look at the many different colors of the Apple rainbow.
As always, iLounge’s 2009 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide is a completely free download. You have a choice between two versions: one is in book-style two-page spread format, which is best for monitors 15” or larger on the diagonal. The other is a full-screen single-page format, available in separate versions for viewing on monitors that are smaller than 15” on the diagonal, and for touchscreen devices including the iPhone and iPod touch. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies quickly. PC users should have Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later. Mac, iPhone, and iPod touch users can use Safari.
More info and links here.