“After a hard rumor rain, it’s time to break out the myth mower and buzz down the noise to a lower threshold,” Daniel Eran Dilger writes for RoughlyDrafted.
Here’s five myths of the iPhone that need a fierce clipping:
1. Verizon EVDO iPhone Just Around the Corner: Sorry, this isn’t going to happen. For starters, we know AT&T has an exclusive contract in the US through 2011. Even if it didn’t, or if Apple found some way to terminate the contract, offering an EVDO phone still wouldn’t make much sense.
2. The App Store is Doomed Over 6 Canceled Apps: Apple has turned down a half dozen programs from the App Store, and a gaggle of pundits have decided this means dire consequences for Apple.
3. The App Store Proves That Anyone Can Sell Mobile Software: Alas, such reasoning didn’t work for those trying to clone iTunes or offer an alternative.
4. iPhone Games Can’t Compete: iPhone compares well against the Sony PSP and the Nintendo DS.
5. Steve Jobs Doesn’t Like Video Games: Jobs has also voiced a complete lack of interest in TV, contrasting passive TV watching with active computer use. Despite that, Apple now sells the vast majority of all TV downloads.
There’s much more in the full article here.