“The App Store–oh, man, the App Store. It’s a candy store, dude. It’s 550 free or cheap add-on programs that make the iPhone (or the iPod Touch) do absolutely amazing things…stunts a cellphone has no right to perform,” David Pogue blogs for The New York Times.
“I haven’t been through all 550 programs yet. But I’ve already got some favorites,” Pogue writes. “Some are in the category I’d call “Features the iPhone Doesn’t Have By Itself.”
• Radio (AOL Radio, Pandora)
• Voice recording (Voice Record)
• Drawing program (Etch a Sketch)
• Instant messaging (AIM)
• Video recording (Coming soon: iPhoneVideoRecorder)
• Remote (Apple’s iTunes, Apple TV controller)
• Music identification (Shazam, Midomi)
• Games (Super MonkeyBall, Cro-Mag Rally)
Pogue writes that with the App Store, we’re witnessing Apple’s iPhone “blossom into an entirely new class of machine.”
Full article here.