The third installment of the classic Dark Castle series has finally arrived for Mac users!
In a time of magic and mythical beasts, the ominous Dark Castle glows eerily under the full moon.
For centuries, the evil Black Knight has dwelled within these walls, spreading fear over the once peaceful countryside.
All seemed hopeless until one day, a traveler from a faraway land wandered into the peasant village.
He called himself Prince Duncan, and told the townspeople he had come on a quest to vanquish the Black Knight.
Overjoyed that peace might finally be restored to their land, they cheered as Duncan set off toward the castle.
But alas, their hero never returned from his valiant quest.
Tales of his bravery were all that were spoken of Dark Castle for many years…. Until now.
A new hero has arrived, ready to face the perils of the castle and destroy the cruel Black Knight once and for all.
– Mac OS 10.3.9
– G3 processor
– 500 mhz
– 128MB of RAM
– 106MB of free hard drive space
– Turn all special effects off to run at 15 frames per second
– G4 processor
– 1.0 ghz
– 256MB of RAM
– 100MB of free hard drive space
– Over 50 brand-new levels, including: All 30 classic, re-mastered levels from Dark Castle and Beyond Dark Castle integrated into a new, extensive quest! New Secret Rooms and Mini-games.
– 25 orbs to collect (5 times that of BDC).
– All of the classic foes plus new monsters and bosses.
– New weapons, power ups, and secret items.
– Random labyrinths and mazes provide unique puzzles every time.
– Game recording and playback so users can share replays of their accomplishments.
– Customizable costumes to give each player a unique look.
– Support for most gamepads and joysticks.
– Please note that the game does not include a level editor as previously announced.
The full version is available for download (84MB download, .dmg file). There is also a Free Trial download (70MB, .dmg file).
More info, screenshots, and download links here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Readers “Linda,” “Bev M,” and “Zaphod” for the heads up.]