FileMaker, Inc. today announced that there have been more than 100,000 downloads of the preview release of Bento, the new personal database application designed exclusively for Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard and made available for public preview Nov. 13, 2007.
“It’s remarkable that more than 100,000 users have downloaded Bento even though the new Mac OS X Leopard has only been on the market for two months,” said FileMaker president Dominique Goupil, in the press release
Download volumes for Bento have grown rapidly and steadily amidst glowing first-look media reviews, such as the following:
• “The newly unveiled Bento is a lightweight personal database application that, at its core, is about making databases accessible and easy for the casual use…” – MacWorld, Nov. 13, 2007
• “What iTunes does for your digital music, Bento can do for contacts, spreadsheets and digital photos.” – Wired News, Nov. 13, 2007
• ” … organizing your stuff is a big part of organizing your life, and Bento looks like a powerful, inexpensive tool for doing just that.” – Information Week, Nov. 16, 2007
• “I, for one, never thought I’d see a database able to achieve that level of simplicity. Yet another reason to consider a Mac?” – Networkworld.com, Nov. 20, 2007
• “FileMaker’s new database has a friendly iWork look and feel. It’s a database for the rest of us.” – MacLife, Nov. 14, 2007
• “Bento is designed for pretty much everyone, whether for personal or professional use.” – MacNN.com, Nov. 13, 2007
• ” … (Bento is) a great way for people who have data they want to track to get started,” and “an exciting and affordable twist on databases” – Forward Thinking … Michael Miller, PCMag.com, Nov. 30, 2007
With Bento, FileMaker is providing an easy way for Leopard users to organize their information — iCal calendar events, Address Book contacts, digital media and files — in one place. Bento can manage contacts, coordinate events, track projects, prioritize tasks, and more faster and easier than ever before. With direct links to the Mac OS X Address Book and iCal, ready-to-use templates, and elegant themes, Bento is a quick and stylish way to get organized.
FileMaker plans to ship Bento in January 2008 and it will be priced at US$49. A free public preview is available now at http://www.filemaker.com/bentopreview_pr The Bento public preview is time-limited beta software meant for evaluation purposes only. Please read the software license accompanying the preview software for full terms and conditions.
FileMaker, Inc. develops award-winning database software. Its products include the legendary FileMaker Pro product line for Windows, Mac and the Web, and the new Bento personal database for Mac. Millions of customers, from individuals to large organizations, rely on FileMaker, Inc. software to manage, analyze and share information. FileMaker, Inc. is a subsidiary of Apple Inc.