“No doubt this was a huge launch for Apple this morning and leaves them with a product line that’s going to be hard for Apple’s competitors to match,” analyst Michael Gartenberg blogs for Jupiter Research.
• iPod shuffle: New colors “a good move.”
• iPod nano: A whole slew of features… This one’s going to fly off the shelves.
• iPod classic: For those that want to take EVERYTHING with them.
• iPod touch: OS X-based, an iPhone without the phone [but] with WiFi.
• iTunes Wireless Music Store: This is the way this stuff is supposed to work.
• Custom iPhone ringtones: Another good reminder that the iPhone is an Apple story first and foremost and amazing that AT&T isn’t in control of this experience.
Gartenberg writes, “I believe Apple once again met and exceeded increasingly high expectations. It now has a very deep and complete product line for going into the holiday season, at amazing price points and feature sets that will drive different customers into different purchase funnels… Apple is NOT preaching to the choir here, they’re looking to get a whole new customer into the house of worship and that’s exactly what’s likely to happen this holiday season.”
Much more in the full article and other related article here.