Apple has released iMovie HD 6, which was previously distributed with iLife ’06, as a free download for those who have purchased and installed iLife ’08.
The minimum requirements for iMovie HD 6 are:
• A Macintosh computer with a PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel Core processor
• 256 MB of RAM; 512 MB recommended
• High definition video requires a 1 GHz G4 processor or faster and 512 MB of RAM
• Mac OS X 10.3.9 or Mac OS X 10.4.3 or later; Mac OS X 10.4.4 recommended
• Mac OS X 10.4.4 (or later) required for themes, real-time video effects, and audio effects
• iLife ’08
More info and download link (154.6 MB) here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Readers “Michael” and “neo” for the heads up.]
MacDailyNews Note: Yesterday we reported that Apple’s new iMovie application lacks support for G4 Macs, so this helps G4 Mac owners who’d like the rest of iLife ’08 (iPhoto, iDVD, GarageBand, iWeb).