RUMOR: Ultra-thin, ultra-portable, 12-inch Apple MacBook Pro heading to market?

“Speculation has been running rampant in recent days over a ’12-inch MacBook Pro’….very much similar to the ‘MacBook Thin’ that we have been talking about here on Rumors since before the first Intel-based Apple laptops shipped,” Mac OS Rumors reports.

MOSR reports on rumored specs that include, “12-inch widescreen display, 1280×800 resolution, 2.16 or 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processors, 1GB of DDR2-667 memory standard. Max. capacity 3GB, standard “Pro” ports: USB2, Firewire 400 & 800, gigabit ethernet, digital/analog audio minijack I/O ports, ExpressCard/34, 2.5in SATA HDDs at 120GB & up, ‘Combo’ or ‘Super’ optical drive.”

More in the full article here.

[Thanks to MacDailyNews Readers “Yoris” and “LinuxGuy and Mac Prodigal Son” for the heads up.]

Related article:
RUMOR: Apple plans lightweight, ultra-thin MacBook Pro with 12-inch widescreen – December 04, 2006

42 Comments

  1. For all of the rumored products to be true, the keynote would have to be 4 hours long. It seems the rumor sites get people’s hopes up so they feel let down when ‘only’ 2 or 3 revolutionary products are announced.

  2. a question for the savvy: is Apple’s separation of its “Pro” line from its consumer line consistent with other computer makers?

    It is not clear to me what makes the above rumoured product a “pro” laptop. Is it really just having FW800?

  3. The Ultra-Thin Mac Book Pro would not be that ground breaking to require a “Special Event” release. It would be just like the Core 2 Duo release.

    The “iPhone” would require a special event release. I don’t believe it would be MacWorld. It would be in Feb like the Mac Mini and HiFi.

    My thougts on upcoming release schedule:

    Ultra-Thin (released before MacWorld)

    MacWorld:
    iLife ’07 (released)
    iWork ’07 (released)
    .mac ’07 (released)
    Leopard (75% chance preview, 25% chance release)
    iTV (released)
    True Video iPod (released)

    Feb.:
    Leopard (75% chance release)
    iPhone (released)

  4. MOSR? C’mon! Can we be realistic? You can’t get the features of the 15″ MBP in a 12″ form. The expresscard slot is out, certainly. The rest I could imagine, but it’s not going to be as thin as the 15″.

    Get rid of the optical drive and there is lots of room. Apple wouldn’t do that though.

Reader Feedback

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.