The MarketWatch Readers’ Choice CEO of the Year contest was open to voting between Nov. 13 and Dec. 5.
The results, in order of votes received:
1. Ramesh Pandey is the chief executive officer and founder of Xechem International Inc. Xechem International, based in New Jersey and with 15 employees, is the holding company which owns all the capital stock of Xechem Inc., a development stage biopharmaceutical company currently engaged in the research, development and limited production of niche generic and proprietary drugs from natural sources.
2. Steve Jobs, Apple Computer
3. Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway
4. James Sinegal, Costco Wholesale Corp.
5. John Chambers, Cisco Systems Inc.
6. Mark Hurd, Hewlett-Packard Co.
7. Richard Wagoner, General Motors Corp.
8. Matthew Ferguson, CareerBuilder.com
9. John Mack, Morgan Stanley
10. Jeffrey Immelt, General Electric Co.
Those are the readers’ picks above. The MarrketWatch CEO of the Year for 2006 is Walt Disney Co.’s Robert Iger.
Full article here.
Vote for MarketWatch 2006 CEO of the Year (Apple CEO Steve Jobs among nominees) – November 20, 2006
Steve Jobs declines $65,000 annual compensation for serving on Disney board – July 01, 2006
Disney completes Pixar acquisition; Steve Jobs now Disney’s single largest shareholder – May 05, 2006
Steve Jobs: no interest in being Disney exec, plans to spend more time at Apple – April 27, 2006
Biggest cheers reserved for Apple CEO Steve Jobs at Disney’s annual meeting – March 10, 2006
Apple CEO Steve Jobs might launch bid for Disney – March 02, 2006
Stock futures up on speculation that Apple will snap up Disney – February 27, 2006
Barron’s: Apple Computer could buyout Disney – February 25, 2006
Cringely wouldn’t be surprised to see Apple+Disney+Pixar+others as single huge company in 5 years – January 27, 2006
Steve Jobs’ arrival at the Magic Kingdom could have more thrills than trip to Disneyland – January 27, 2006
Report: Disney buys Pixar for approx. $7 billion, Steve Jobs to become Disney’s largest shareholder – January 23, 2006