Aspyr Media, Inc. announced today that Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Warlords has begun shipping in North America for Macintosh. Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Warlords, a Mac OS X Universal application, is licensed from 2K, a Take-Two Interactive Software publishing label, and was developed for Mac by Aspyr Studios.
Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Warlords is the first expansion pack for Firaxis Games’ award-winning title, Sid Meier’s Civilization IV. Paying homage to some of history’s greatest military leaders, this expansion delivers eight unique and interesting scenarios, giving players the chance to change the course of history with the help of their new powerful “warlord” unit. Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Warlords includes new civilizations, leaders, units, and wonders that offer even more fun and exciting ways for players to expand their civilization’s military power as they strive for world domination.
• Warlords – A new great person type called the Warlord will be an indispensable asset to any player bent on world domination.
• Vassal States – You no longer need to obliterate an enemy to defeat them. Conquer your enemies and subjugate them to your rule.
• Game Scenarios – The expansion will deliver eight new historical scenarios spanning Alexander’s conquests through Genghis Khan’s dominance of Asia, in addition to other scenarios that challenge the way that you currently play the game.
• New Civilizations – Six new civilizations will be included, giving you even more options when planning your domination of the world.
• Civilization Leaders – Ten new leaders will be provided, including leaders for the new civilizations as well as additional leaders for existing civilizations.
• Leader Traits – In addition to the many existing leader traits in Civilization IV, two new leader traits accompany the expansion. (In our July PR we announced 3 new leader traits — the civilization website has two)
• New Wonders – There will be three new awe-inspiring wonders, all contributing new benefits and culture to your civilization.
• Unique Buildings – Players will now be able to construct buildings unique to each civilization.
• Units, Resources, & Improvements – Many new items not available in the core game will be introduced in the new scenarios.
• Core Game Tweaks and Additions – Expanded features and gameplay tweaks will be made to the core game.
Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Warlords is rated “E10+” for “Everyone 10 and older” by the ESRB and is available for the Mac at $29.99 at http://www.aspyr.com. Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Warlords will require a full compatible version of Sid Meier’s Civilization IV. For more information, fans can visit Aspyr’s site, http://www.aspyr.com/product/info/8 or 2K’s official website, http://www.civilization.com