James Perkins, Portfolio Manager, Thrasher Funds, and TheStreet.com’s Rob Martorana sit down in a video presentation to decide who wins for the investor, Apple or Microsoft. So little is said about Microsoft that’s positive, that it’s not a fair fight.
• Microsoft and MTV’s “URGE” music service vs. Apple’s iTunes Store
• iPod Economy: the vast amount of iPod accessories vs. also-rans’ meager add-ons
• iTunes software’s familiarity with tens of millions of users
• Apple the innovator vs. the followers like Microsoft et al
• Lack of viruses, malware with Mac OS X (a little “security via obscurity” myth here, but we’ll let it slide)
• “It’s tough to say ‘Microsoft and cutting edge’ in the same sentence.”
• Apple’s options backdating irregularities
• Apple’s forthcoming movie distribution network will be “huge.”
• “Waiting for an AAPL pullback may not be smart.”
Watch the video (8:37) here (watching a short ad first is required).
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “MadMac” for the heads up.]
MacDailyNews Note: A four-year chart of AAPL vs. MSFT looks like the Himalayas vs. a parking lot. See it here.
Apple Mac’s 2007 market share climb will dumbfound almost everyone, create mayhem in PC market – September 08, 2006
Apple Computer rallies to 4-month high – September 07, 2006
UBS hikes Apple price target to $92, maintains ‘buy’ rating – September 07, 2006