“Top ten lists are a dime a dozen, but I haven’t seen one floating around yet on the most beautiful OS X apps out there. And as someone who’s hitting MacUpdate daily as a small part of my job, always on the hunt for what’s cool and new, I thought I’d share some of my insight, condensed down for mass consumption into a neat little list,” Phill Ryu blogs for PhillRyu.com.
Ryu writes, “Before you go on, remember that this is going to be controversial no matter what. I haven’t found a single top ten list that doesn’t get most people complaining. But honestly, after a lot of thought, I feel there are very few truly beautiful OS X apps left out if you include the honorable mentions. Oh, and before you begin, note that Apple apps (like Front Row and Aperture) have been knocked off the list. This one features independently developed freeware and shareware apps”
Ryu’s Top Ten Most Beautiful Mac OS X Apps in the world:
9. Voice Candy
8. Podcast Maker
6. Quinn (MacDailyNews Note: Quinn has recently been pulled from distribution at the behest of The Tetris Company. More info here.)
1. Delicious Library
• Inquisitor by David Watanabe
• TextMate by Macromates
• Pixadex by The IconFactory & Panic
• Omniweb and OmniDazzle by The OmniGroup
• RapidWeaver 3 by Realmac Software
• CSSEdit by MacRabbit
• Comic Life by Plasq
• Adium 1.0 SVN
• Quicksilver by BlackTree, Inc.
• StickyBrain by Chronos
Full article with explanations and links galore here.