“Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster, in a report to investors Thursday, ranked the top-ten biggest Apple rumors, which cover everything from Macs to iPods, by their credibility,” Mary Crane reports for Forbes.
Munster’s rankings in order of probability (1 = most, 10 = least):
1. Intel-powered “Mac Pro” to replace Power Mac G5; unveiled at WWDC on August 7
2. Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard launch in late 2006 or early 2007 with ability to run Windows applications
3. iTunes Movie Store with feature-length films
4. “iPhone” iPod with cellphone capability within twelve months
5. iChat 4.0 with telephone capabilities
6. True video iPod with touch-sensitive four-inch viewing screen
7. “iHome” home media hub with music, photo and video capabilities
8. iTunes-branded audio content on airplane flights
9. Ultra-portable Mac equipped with NAND-flash memory technology
10. iTunes advertisements
Full article here.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.