“If you are eager to get your hands on any update from Apple (as I am), then you may need to apply last week’s 10.4.7 update again,” Tim Gaden reports for APC Magazine.
“The first release of the “delta” or standalone update for Intel Macs was missing the files for OpenGL optimisation, leaving your graphics performance below par. Apple released a complete version of the update later the same day,” Gaden reports. “How can you tell if you need to update again?”
MacDailyNews Note: As we updated just minutes after release as usual, our Intel-powered Macs needed to be updated, so check your Mac OS X software if you grabbed 10.4.7 for your Intel-powered Mac soon after release, too.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Apple releases Mac OS X 10.4.7 Update – June 27, 2006