“When Apple unveils its Power Mac G5 replacement at its Worldwide Developer’s Conference (WWDC) next month, the top-of-the-line computer will sport a new enclosure,” Ryan Katz reports for Think Secret.
“While specifics were not disclosed, the new computer’s case is said to be substantially different enough to make the distinction between the new Intel Core 2 Duo-powered system and its PowerPC predecessor easy to spot,” Katz reports.
“Configurations of the new Mac are said to be similar to the most recent Power Mac G5, including a single dual-core processor in the low- and mid-range systems, and a dual dual-core (quad core) system at the top,” Katz reports. “Meanwhile, sources say that a new enclosure is waiting for the MacBook Pro and will be released when that system adopts Intel’s mobile Core 2 Duo processor.”
More in the full article, including new Intel-based Xserve info, here.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Related MacDailyNews articles:
Intel officially releases Xeon ‘Woodcrest’ processor – June 27, 2006
Apple Mac Mini brain replaced with 2.16GHz Intel ‘Merom’ Core 2 Duo and benchmarked – June 09, 2006
RUMOR: Apple ‘Mac Pro’ coming in August, to feature dual high-end dual-core processors – June 09, 2006
Apple chose well: Intel poised to take massive lead across the board over AMD – June 07, 2006
Intel says Core 2 Duo will ‘enable breakthrough performance’ – June 06, 2006
Report: Apple nears Xserve, ‘Mac Pro’ Intel switch – June 01, 2006
Intel’s next-gen Conroe, Merom processors to be dubbed ‘Core 2 Duo’ – May 07, 2006