MTV Networks and Apple today announced that new television programming from Spike TV, Nick at Nite, TV Land, Logo, MTV and The N is now available on the iTunes Music Store. Adding to the hit MTV Networks content already on iTunes, this new round of programming available for purchase and download crosses virtually every genre and includes Spike TV’s brand-new action series “Blade: The Series,” MTV’s prank-comedy show “Viva La Bam” and TV Land’s “Sit Down Comedy with David Steinberg.” MTV Networks’ programming has been a huge success on iTunes since debuting earlier this year, with COMEDY CENTRAL’s “South Park” alone selling over one million episodes. iTunes now offers over 150 TV shows for $1.99 per episode for viewing on a computer or iPod.
“At MTV Networks, our brands create some of the most vibrant, entertaining and pop culture-defining programming today,” said Nicholas Lehman, executive vice president, MTV Networks Digital Media, in the press release. “We’re excited to add more of our diverse programming to iTunes and to connect a broad digital audience with our bold entertainment content.”
“MTV Networks’ programming has been a hit with customers since launching on iTunes earlier this year,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s vice president of iTunes, in the press release. “iTunes is the world’s most popular online video store with over 35 million videos sold, and we continue to expand the catalog of great television content now with over 150 network and cable programs available.”
MTV Networks’ shows on iTunes include first-time offerings from Spike TV, Nick at Nite, TV Land, Logo and additional content from MTV and The N. The new programming includes full seasons of hits from:
• Spike TV: “Blade: The Series,” the network’s first original scripted action-adventure/drama, builds upon New Line Television/Marvel Studio’s successful movie trilogy and brings the main character into new story lines. The two-hour premiere episode will be offered for free, exclusively on iTunes today through July 11. “TNA: iMPACT,” the wrestling alternative that delivers high-risk athletic entertainment, integrating well-known superstars with the best up-and-coming talent. “Disorderly Conduct,” an adrenaline-packed series with outrageous video footage pulled from police precincts across the country.
• TV Land: “Sit Down Comedy with David Steinberg,” hosted by legendary comedian, producer and director David Steinberg, is a one-on-one comedy forum where celebrated performers including Larry David, Martin Short, Bob Newhart, Jon Lovitz and George Lopez open up about their personal lives and careers.
• Nick at Nite: “Fatherhood,” the animated comedy series based on Bill Cosby’s best-selling book of the same name; “Hi-Jinks”, the hit hidden-camera series where adults play good-natured pranks on kids of all ages.
• Logo: “Noah’s Arc,” the first season of the network’s original drama/comedy series; “U.S. of ANT,” a reality series following the irreverent comedian ANT; and “Wisecrack,” a stand-up comedy series.
• MTV: “Viva La Bam,” documenting the comical and chaotic life of skateboarding pro and “Jackass” star, Bam Margera.
• The N: “Beyond the Break,” a drama series about the competitive world of surfing, where four passionate women pursue their dreams of becoming professional surfers.
iTunes 6 for Mac and Windows includes the iTunes Music Store and is available as a free download from http://www.apple.com/itunes
Purchase and download of songs and videos from the iTunes Music Store requires a valid credit card with a billing address in the country of purchase. Television shows are available in the US only, and video availability varies by country. Television shows are US$1.99 per episode, and music videos and short films are $1.99 each.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
MTV URGE head honcho quits – June 01, 2006
MTV-Microsoft URGE music service not targeting iPod, iTunes users; Real CEO PlayedForSure? – December 13, 2005