Macworld editors and contributors Rob Griffiths, Christopher Breen, Jason Snell, Jim Dalrymple and Philip Michaels have published a list of 23 things they’d like to see in Apple’s next-gen Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard:
• Improvements to Spotlight
• Built-in launcher
• Finder fixes
• Windows compatibility and integration…
• …Or virtualization
• Virtual desktops
• True media center
• File and account security improvements
• Restore more
• Smart locations
• Smart users
• Improve VoiceOver
• Expand Disk Utility’s powers
• More from Mail
• Smart syncing
• Keeping tabs with iChat
• Automator II
• More Automator updates
• Capturing moving pictures
• Bring back Sherlock
• Pop-up innovations
• Tabbed Terminal
• PowerPC or Intel or both?
Full article here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “LinuxGuy” for the heads up.]
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.