“Shares of Apple Computer fell over 2 percent in early morning trading after one Wall Street analyst said new versions of the company’s iPod nano and video iPod players may be delayed by a much as six months,” Katie Marsal reports for AppleInsider.
“‘We previously believed that new nanos and the widescreen video iPod could ship in Q3 and Q4, respectively,’ American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu told clients in a research note,” Marsal reports. “‘However, we now believe that both could be delayed by a quarter or two.'”
“Wu now sees a new iPod nano [US$199 for 4GB, $249 for 8GB] arriving during the December quarter rather than the September quarter… [and] issues surrounding battery life continue to be the ‘key gating technical factor’ that could delay the launch of the much-rumored widescreen video iPod until the first half of 2007,” Marsal reports. “Wu retains a Buy rating on shares of Apple but reduced his price target from $101 to $75 to ‘reflect the equity market’s lower trading multiple.'”
More info — and what may be a “positive side effect” of a delay — in the full article here.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.