“UBS analyst Ben Reitzes today predicted sequentially lower iPod sales for Apple in the third quarter of this year, but expects new iPods next quarter and noted that MacBook demand is solid. ‘To reflect checks that indicate more interest for new MacBooks and solid education buying, we are raising our 3Q06 estimate for Mac units to 1.32 million units (was 1.24 million) and our FY06 unit estimate to 5.1 million (was 5.0 million),’ Reitzes wrote in a research note obtained by MacNN. ‘We now estimate iPod unit sales of 7.8 million for 3Q06 (was 8.4 million) reflecting year over year growth of 27 percent (-8 percent quarter over quarter) and FY06 unit sales of 39.8 million (was 40.9 million).’ UBS is maintaining a ‘buy’ rating for Apple shares with a price target of $90, hovering above its peers due to faster growth and higher margins,” MacNN reports.
“UBS has noted a shift in consumer interest toward Macs and away from iPod display counters at Apple retail locations. Mac displays appear ‘jammed’ with customers, while iPod displays are less frequented than previous quarters, according to the company,” MacNN reports. ‘While we believe increased focus on Macs should drive solid near term results, we also believe increased interest in Macs should lead to longer term PC market share gains, which we believe can provide significant top line benefits and earnings power,” Reitzes added.”
Full article with more juicy details here.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.