Along with introducing Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard at WWDC in August, “Mr. Jobs will also take the wraps off Apple’s most powerfully stunning Macintosh to date: the Mac Pro,” Kasper Jade and Prince McLean report for AppleInsider. “Until recently, Apple’s professional line of desktop computers stood at the pinnacle of its product portfolio, showcasing both the Mac’s beauty and its brawn.”
“In speaking with AppleInsider, people familiar with the Cupertino-based company’s plans have affirmed that the Mac Pro will indeed employ chips from Intel’s forthcoming architecture. However, it’s still unclear precisely which processors these will be. That’s because, just like the Power Mac G5 Quad, these people say Apple and Intel somehow plan to wedge two high-end dual-core chips into some Mac Pros,” Jade and McLean report.
Full article here.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Related MacDailyNews articles:
Report: Apple nears Xserve, ‘Mac Pro’ Intel switch – June 01, 2006
RUMOR: Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard to feature virtualization, ‘living interface elements’ and more – May 30, 2006