“Apple continues to excel in the UK and Europe, growing sales at a significantly faster rate than the industry average. New data from the analysts at IDC shows the company continues to make gains. ‘In the UK and Western Europe, Apple shipment growths outperformed the overall PC market in both notebook and desktop form factors in Q1 2006,’ observed IDC senior research analyst Michael Larner,” Jonny Evans reports for Macworld UK.
“Apple held a first quarter market share of 2.9 percent in the UK overall, when desktop and notebook sales are combined. Individually, it took 3.4 percent of the UK market for notebooks and grabbed 2.65 percent of the desktop market. This 3.4 percent market share of UK notebook sales is a 50.15 percent year-on-year improvement for the company, the analysts said. That’s far ahead of the industry average, which saw 20.44 percent improvement in the period,” Evans reports. “Apple also grew its desktop sales by 27.38 percent, year on year. While this delivered only a 2.65 percent market share, other vendors fared far worse in desktop sales – the overall value of the desktop computer market fell 6.16 percent year on year, IDC said. In Western Europe, Apple holds 2.6 percent of the desktop market and 2.5 percent of the notebook market. In unit sales that’s up 11.7 percent and 18.3 percent, year on year. Meanwhile the overall EMEA market climbed only 1.8 percent and 2 percent, leaving Apple rising at a much faster rate than the rest of the PC pack.”
Full article here.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.