“When Apple Computer Inc. launched its video-capable iPod last year, some questioned whether consumers would embrace watching video on a 2.5-inch screen or endure holding the gadget to their faces for anything but the shortest of clips,” Ryan Nakashima reports for The Associated Press. “Now, with funky eyewear from MicroOptical Corp., iPod users can watch video on what looks like a 27-inch screen TV while, theoretically, maintaining some of the portability for which the iPod is famous as a music player.”
Nakashima reports, “‘The beauty of our technology is the see-through, see-around,’ Bruce Lampert, MicroOptical’s vice president of sales, said at the CTIA Wireless 2006 convention in April. ‘I can see through here. I’m walking. I’m not running into anything.’ So, I decided to try it out myself. After settling back to watch ‘The Apprentice,’ which I purchased from Apple’s iTunes Music Store, I was surprised to find that I felt comfortable enough to get up and walk about. Pretty soon I was ironing a shirt and washing dishes while watching apprentice wannabe Michael make mistake after mistake before getting booted from the show with Donald Trump’s famous finger-pointing phrase: ‘You’re fired.'”
Full article here.
MacDailyNews Note: Okay, that’s quite enough rain, thanks. At least the power is back on again…
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.