OTAG Technologies announce the release of iSMARTtrain version 2.0.3, the latest update to their Mac OS X application for downloading from Polar heart rate monitors and tracking & analysing sports training.
The latest release contains many bug-fixes and includes support for the Polar S725x Heart Rate Monitor.
The software is designed to allow multi-sport and single sport endurance athletes, for example triathletes, duathletes, runners and cyclists, to download training data, such as heart rate, cadence, speed and power, from Polar heart rate monitors and analyse it in graph, table and list formats. Information about training sessions, for example duration, distance and speed can also be similarly reviewed.
Any number of different sports can be quickly and easily tracked, using either metric or imperial units for each sport. Commonly used routes and sessions can be stored and quickly recalled. Total times, distances and number of sessions can be viewed per week, month or year. Equipment usage and user-defined keywords, such as weight and energy expended, can also be tracked.
Cyclists can analyse power and left-right balance from the Polar power sensor data, whilst runners can see run speed and distance data from the S625x & S725x models. The latest iSMARTtrain release includes weekly totals for training time, calories expended, time spent in up to 5 HR zones and easy to read visual bar graphs.
Development work on the software has been carried out in conjunction with leading sports scientist, coach and writer Joe Beer (http://www.jbst.com). Joe has provided valuable input to the software, both from a scientific and coaching aspect. Future releases will continue to benefit from his wealth of knowledge and experience.
A demo version, limited to 20 entries can be downloaded from http://www.ismarttrain.com
The full version costs US$40. It can be purchased either from within the application using eSellerate’s technology, or on OTAG Technologies’ website. This release is a free upgrade to existing customers.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Nike and Apple team up to launch Nike+iPod, footwear that talks to your iPod – May 23, 2006