Is Apple planning to add video playback capabilities to their iPod nano soon?
“Speculation surrounds yesterday’s announcement of Apple’s partnership with Nike, as the pair plan to offer fitness-themed video content through the iTunes music store,” T3 writes. “Video content sounds swell, but not if the nano stays in its current form, unable to play it back.” Full article here.
Indeed, one of the features that Apple.com’s Nike+iPod section promises includes, “Video and Audio Podcasts. Shows featuring the most dynamic personalities in the sporting world.” Coming with iTunes 6.0.5 (not yet available).
Nike+iPod info here: http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/sync.html
• Amazon.com: Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Tiger Edition by David Pogue
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Apple patent application filed for automatically matching iPod music tempo to exercise level – May 25, 2006
Dvorak thinks iPod+Nike Sport Kit is ‘nutty’ – May 24, 2006
The making of Apple iPod+Nike Sport Kit and there’s more to come – May 24, 2006
Nike+iPod Sport Kit sensor’s battery will outlast the shoes – May 24, 2006
Analyst: Nike+Apple = iPod as a platform – May 23, 2006
Apple and Nike shares rise folowing Nike+iPod announcement – May 23, 2006
Nike and Apple team up to launch Nike+iPod, footwear that talks to your iPod – May 23, 2006