“Steve Jobs was a no-show to pick up an award named after him… at Wired magazine’s annual Rave Awards,” Ron Harris reports for The Associated Press. “Steve Jobs won the inaugural Steve Jobs Award, which Wired says recognizes sustained excellence and creative genius… The awards recognize leaders in 16 different tech-heavy categories, including podcasts, music, business and blogs.”
Full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: Perhaps Jobs didn’t want to risk an inappropriate and appallingly crass lecture about charity from Wired News’ shark-jumping Leander Kahney.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Kahney: Forget Jobs, let’s worship Woz – February 08, 2006
Kahney jumps shark: praises Gates, crassly criticizes Steve Jobs over charitable donations – January 25, 2006