“Multicore processing allows control over many applications running on a single PC. AMD says 85 percent of PC users run six applications at once: antivirus, e-mail, firewall, spam protection, a pop-up blocker and spyware [protection/detection],” Ben Ames reports for IDG News Service.
Full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: AMD says 85 percent of PC users run six applications at once: antivirus, e-mail, firewall, spam protection, a pop-up blocker and spyware. Sheesh, that’s so pathetically stupid. Can you imagine?! It’s no wonder Apple has such a difficult time convincing the masses to Think Different™; most of the poor fools obviously aren’t capable of thinking at all.
Macintosh. Because life’s too short.
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.