“Apple Computer filings published on Thursday show the iPod maker to be working on multipoint touch screens and an advanced media file format that embeds sale and marketing information,” Prince McLean reports for AppleInsider. “A filing with the United States Patent and Trademark Office made on May 6, 2004 and published for the first time on Thursday describes a ‘multipoint touch screen’ that relates to ‘a touch screen capable of sensing multiple points at the same time.’ According to the filing, the touch screen is comprised of a pixilated array of transparent capacitance sensing nodes and would appear as a transparent panel that is positioned in front of the display.”
McLean reports, “A second company filing, made November 5, 2004 and also published for the first time on Thursday, describes a ‘digital media file with embedded sales/marketing information.'”
More info about both filings, including illustration, here.
Macsimum News has more details and illustrations here.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.