ZAP announced today the introduction of a new series of lithium battery packs designed specifically to work with Apple’s iPod.
Called iZAP, the battery accessories for the iPod are part of a new line of ZAP Portable Energy systems to power a wide range of mobile electronics. The iZAP’s Portable Energy chargers and power packs are designed to work in conjunction with the iPod, including the iPod mini, iPod shuffle, iPod nano and the iPod with video.
“Our new iZAP series of lithium battery packs are specifically designed for the iPod — one of the most popular new consumer electronics on the market,” said ZAP CEO Steve Schneider in the press release. “Part of ZAP’s mission with advanced energy technologies is to continually find new market applications for advanced batteries so that economies of scales in battery manufacturing can be developed to power full-size automobiles.”
ZAP says that the iZAP designed for the iPod shuffle can extend listening time up to 60 hours. ZAP was in Silicon Valley recently showcasing its lithium-battery systems at Maker Faire in San Mateo. The new rechargeable power packs can power a wide range of mobile electronics like cell phones, digital cameras, laptops and more.
ZAP Portable Energy helps solve the growing battery dilemma for mobile electronics, offering a rechargeable source of power out in the field or extending the battery life of your favorite electronic device. The technology also reduces the need for disposable batteries, which can be bulky, expensive and harmful to the environment. The lithium-ion battery system can be recharged up to 1000 times and has up to four times the power of conventional batteries. Each ZAP Pack uses a smart microprocessor control system that can power a variety of mobile electronic devices, including handheld PCs, digital cameras, cellular phones, audio, DVD, compact disk players or equivalent, video cameras, laptops and more. Several models are available that offer the versatility to charge DC electronics from 4.0 to 19.0 volts through either a DC or USB port.
ZAP Portable Energy is now available for immediate delivery (US$59.99 for all models listed) at http://www.zapworld.com
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.