“ABC’s Web site crashed twice yesterday as Internet users flocked to watch streaming versions of its most popular shows, including ‘Lost’ and ‘Desperate Housewives.’ It was the first time the shows were available online directly from the network, and the first time the advertising community had gotten a look at what ad products would be offered. It was also the first opportunity for the industry to gauge how popular such an ad-supported offering might be with consumers,” Zachary Rodgers reports for ClickZ News.
“The site crashed for two periods beginning at 6:30 a.m. EST and 2:00 p.m. EST, according to data from Keynote Systems, which offers traffic and site performance analysis services. The outages lasted a half-hour and an hour-and-a-half each, respectively. The data was based on attempts to access the ABC site from 31 cities worldwide. ‘During the day today, there were some very pronounced increases in page download times followed by Web page outages,’ said Abelardo Gonzalez, a product manager for Keynote Systems. ‘The main error reported by the ABC home page was TCP Connection Error which could mean that the servers were not able to answer any new requests for users.’ An ABC spokesperson contacted by ClickZ said she was unaware of the outages.”
Full article here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Scott Rose of www.computergeekshow.com” for the heads up.]
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Apple iTunes Store adds ‘Season Pass’ option for ABC TV shows ‘Desperate Housewives’ and ‘Lost’ – March 28, 2006
Disney’s ABC to launch ‘My ABC’ ad-supported TV show downloads in May – March 03, 2006