“Any PC enthusiast knows that thermal paste is something to be applied in precise amounts. Maybe Apple could take a lesson from all of us out there who have tacked a cooler onto a CPU. Apparently, the recent rash of toasty MacBooks can be attributed to excessive amounts of silicon thermal paste applied between chips and heat sinks. A number of MacBook users have, in heated desperation, resorted to cracking open their MacBooks only to find minuscule amounts of thermal silicon between the chip and sink, but massive amounts of silicon paste spilling out around the edges. Now, if the silicon thermal paste had been applied properly all these MacBooks wouldn’t be cooking themselves to death,” J. Micah Grunert reports for Neoseeker.
“Some MacBook users had cried that their computer was running at just over 50 Degrees Celsius. But once a better thermal paste replaced the silicon, temperatures dropped to roughly human body temperatures, some 35 to 39 Degrees Celsius,” Grunert reports.
Full article here.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.