“Apple Computer is planning on hitting the airwaves with ads geared around the Mac next week, CEO Steve Jobs said Thursday at the company’s annual meeting,” Tom Krazit blogs for CNET. “Jobs revealed the plan in response to a shareholder’s question as to why Apple hasn’t taken more market share over the past few years..”
Krazit writes, “Jobs didn’t offer any details on the campaign or any potential new products that might be showcased in the ads. Next week marks the start of the May sweeps period, when television networks break out the season finales to boost ratings during a month when local ad rates are set.”
Full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: This is the first report we’ve seen that explicitly states “Mac.” All other reports we’ve seen mention that Jobs talked about a “major” or “exciting” ad campaign “to launch next week,” and do not mention the actual subject of the ad campaign. Krazit may be inferring Jobs’ statement to mean “Mac” television ad campaign due to the question posed by the shareholder.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Apple CEO Jobs hints at media center Mac; says ‘major advertising campaign’ starts next week – April 28, 2006
Notes from Apple shareholders’ meeting: ‘exciting’ TV ad campaign to launch next week – April 27, 2006