“Apple Computer Inc. introduced Monday the latest in its lineup of Intel-based Mac computers, a high-end MacBook Pro laptop with a sticker price of $2,799,” Ellen Lee reports for The San Francisco Chronicle. “The 17-inch MacBook Pro is largely meant for graphic artists, Hollywood and media types so that they can take their work with them on the road. The laptop is ‘going after Apple’s core market, the graphics professional,’ said Tim Bajarin from Creative Strategies, a technology consulting company.
Lee reports, “But next up could be a cheaper, more consumer-oriented laptop, in time for students heading back to school in autumn, as well as a 12-inch MacBook Pro. ‘Who can really say,’ said Ross Rubin, an analyst with market research firm NPD. ‘It seems like they’ve been active in the laptop space.'”
Full article here.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Related MacDailyNews article:
Apple introduces 17-inch MacBook Pro with 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo – April 24, 2006