Asia Pacific sales and marketing group general manager John Antone spoke with Computerworld’s Juha Saarinen in Taipei about Intel’s focus on low power, more efficient processor designs and seems to have let the cat out of the bag:
“Intel is hoping that the Woodcrest CPU, which promises 8% better performance with a third less power usage, will drive many of the mashed-up apps in high-density server developments. It’s “Everything over IP” for Intel from now on,” Saarinen reports. “Apple customers may be the first to enjoy Intel’s new CPU goodies, with the Woodcrest family of processors making it into Macintosh workstations as early as the third quarter. Woodcrest systems will be symmetric multi processing (SMP), with dual processors with up to four cores each.”
Full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: Yum, eight cores of Apple Power Mac goodness! You’ll probably be able to accurately predict the weather months in advance with one of those babies!
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.