“Piper Jaffray maintained an ‘outperform’ rating and $103 price target on Apple Computer ahead of its fiscal second-quarter earnings report, scheduled for Wednesday after the market close,” Maya Roney reports for Forbes. “Nevertheless, Munster expects Apple to report in-line or slightly below Street estimates of earnings 43 cents per share on revenue of $4.54 billion.”
“‘Based on our iPod NPD analysis and MacBook Pro inventory issues, we believe our estimates for the March quarter are too aggressive,’ he said. After analyzing the first two months of March quarter NPD data, the analyst concluded that Apple is on-track to meet or slightly miss his iPod unit estimate of 9 million. In addition, he said his 1.3 million Mac estimate will likely prove to be too high,” Roney reports. “Although Munster believes iMac sales were strong in the quarter, he expects total Mac sales to be closer to the Street’s average estimate of 1.16 million given the lack of MacBook Pro supply… ‘Following the March quarter results report, we believe the Street will start to place more focus on the back half of calendar 2006.’ The analyst believes Apple will benefit from the full availability of Macs (MacBook Pro), new Mac releases (iBook, Power Mac), new iPods (larger screen video iPod, higher capacity nano), and tailwind from seasonality.”
Full article here.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Apple to report second quarter 2006 earnings today – April 19, 2006
Apple analysts and investors look for signs of ‘Intel effect’ in tomorrow’s earnings report – April 18, 2006
Cowen & Co survey shows strong Apple Mac sales prospects, Boot Camp impact ‘broadly positive’ – April 18, 2006
What are your expectations for Apple’s earnings report this Wednesday? – April 17, 2006