Parallels Workstation 2.1b4 has been released. Parallels Workstation is not simply a “dual-boot” solution; rather, it allows users to run Windows, Linux and any other operating system at the same time as Mac OS X, enabling users to enjoy Mac OS X while still being able to use applications from other OSes.
What’s new in this version:
• Introduced full screen mode
• Introduced dual-monitor support
• Improved real CD/DVD support
• Improved, easier to use interface.
• Better sound support, including a fix for Windows 2000 guest OS
• Networking kernel panics resolved
• Bridged networking issues fixed
• WiFi networking issues fixed
• Fixed some of the issues encountered when entering “Sleep” mode when a VM is running
• Many other minor bug fixes
More info and download link here.
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
Related MacDailyNews articles:
Apple’s Boot Camp vs. Parallels Workstation for running Windows on Intel-based Macs – April 14, 2006
Video of Parallels running Windows XP on Mac OS X showing real time clock – April 11, 2006
Video of Parallels running Windows XP on Mac OS X – April 07, 2006
Parallels releases first virtualization solution for Intel-powered Apple Intel-based Macs – April 06, 2006
Parallels to intro virtualization software for Intel-based Macs – April 04, 2006