Digigami today announced it is shipping MoviesForMyPod/PSP 1.0, “a simple, yet powerful batch movie converter,” according to the company. The Macintosh program, available as a free download from the Digigami web site, makes it easy to convert a collection of QuickTime videos for delivery to Web, Video iPod and/or Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) devices.
“Most Podcasters and internet sites including Google Video, are currently offering two distinct downloadable movie types in order to serve both the Video iPod and Sony Playstation Portable (PSP). Yet both devices utilizes the MPEG-4 SP file format.” said Digigami CTO, Gen Kiyooka in the press release. “What we have done is taken the sheer simplicity of our MoviesForMyPod program and added the necessary automagic in order to create one MPEG-4 (.MP4) movie file which plays perfectly on both devices. So you can publish a single movie file on your web site which syncs and plays flawlessly on both devices. We continue to use Apple’s MPEG-4 encoder because in our tests, the encoder produced superior audio quality.”
Not only is MoviesForMyPod/PSP a Universal Mac OS X binary, it is also designed from the ground up to be multi-core aware, and takes full advantage of single, dual and quad-core CPUs, Intel or PowerPC. “The speedups in conversion time are greater than linear improvements with the number of processors. We achieve greater conversion speeds by dispatching multiple jobs in parallel. So a quad-core machine is more than twice as fast as a dual core machine when processing large batches of movies,” Kiyooka said.
MoviesForMyPod/PSP is designed with the video prosumer or professional in mind. Podcasters will enjoy the fact that QuickTime metadata is preserved when making Podcast movies. And internet webmasters will find their job simplified by the automatic creation of PSP thumbnail files.
MoviesForMyPod/PSP requires QuickTime 7.0.3 (or higher) and iTunes 6.x (or higher). Intel, PowerPC G3, G4, or G5 Macintosh Computer with OS X Tiger (10.4 or higher) and is free software to individuals, podcasters, students, educational users and small “sole proprietor, less than three (3) employee” business. Corporations pay just $89.00 under an honor license system. The free version is offered without technical support, and the paid version includes Digigami technical support services.
More info and download link: http://www.digigami.com/moviesformypod/
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.