“The roll-out of Apple’s forthcoming video iPod has been delayed substantially after the company encountered problems with the display and touch-screen interface, Think Secret has learned. As late as early February plans were in motion for Apple to deliver the most innovative iPod to date in April, possibly a tie-in with its 30th birthday, sources said. Instead, Apple’s birthday came and went without fanfare,” Ryan Katz reports for Think Secret. “Sources speaking on condition of anonymity say issues emerged with the technology that have sent Apple and the display’s manufacturer back to the drawing board to find a solution. As such, a more definitive release date is unknown at this time, but sources say Apple expects the new iPod to be ready by calendar Q4, in enough time for the holiday buying season.”
“Multiple sources have stressed that Apple will not launch the video iPod without a movie agreement in place, and that a movie store will not open without the video iPod. The impasse in negotiations lies in the terms of sale: Apple wants to sell movies affordably a-la-carte as it does with music, but Hollywood wants a subscription deal,” Katz reports.
Full article here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
RUMOR: Apple adding finishing touches to Bluetooth iPod – April 05, 2006
Quanta secures Apple contract for ‘video iPod devices’ – March 22, 2006
New iPod coming soon? Apple places 60GB 5G iPod on 60-day ‘at risk’ list – March 17, 2006
RUMOR: Apple soon to debut video iPod with 4-inch display, to roll out with iTunes movie service – March 02, 2006