Roxio, a division of Sonic Solutions, today released Popcorn 2, which makes it easy for Mac users to transfer their favorite personal video entertainment to DVDs and portable devices such as an iPod, PSP or mobile phone. These innovations enhance the already highly regarded features for creating backup copies of non-copy protected personal DVDs. Popcorn 2, a Universal application, is available in retail stores across North America and direct at http://www.roxio.com for a suggested price of US$49.99. Popcorn 2 is also being simultaneously released in Europe and Asia. Previous owners of Toast and Popcorn may be eligible for special upgrade pricing direct from Roxio.
“To keep pace with the growing demand for portable media devices, the new mobile capabilities of Popcorn 2 provide an excellent solution for those who want the flexibility to enjoy personal video wherever and whenever they choose,” said Stan Wong, general manager, Roxio division, Sonic Solutions in the press release. “Now consumers can make the most of their players by easily creating mobile-friendly versions of their video.”
Popcorn 2 enables users to create portable compatible versions of all popular formats including non-protected DVD-Video, QuickTime movies, MPEG files, iMovie projects and other popular video formats. Popcorn 2 includes predefined settings optimized for standard or high-quality video output, or users can define their own custom DivX, MPEG4, or H.264 levels for bit rate, frame rate, and image size.
Popcorn 2 features custom video compilations allowing users to choose the specific video and audio content to duplicate, while at the same time optimizing video quality and maximizing disc space. Built on the widely-acclaimed Toast burn engine synonymous with dependable, compatible recording, Popcorn 2 ensures high-quality results – whether watching on the couch, or on-the-go.
More info about Roxio’s Popcorn 2 here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.