N-able Technologies, the No. 1 provider of managed services software and business transformation services for resellers servicing small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), today announced its upcoming managed services platform N-central 5.1 will support Apple Macintosh OS X environments. The new architecture will empower Apple Specialists and Apple Macintosh service providers to take advantage of N- able’s Velocity System(TM), a comprehensive, solution-focused managed service provider (MSP) business transformation solution, and go to market as a true MSP.
Available Q2 2006, N-able’s Velocity System and N-central 5.1 will include a native Mac OS X agent that when coupled with a probe will remotely monitor and manage local network and desktop services including:
• Device Availability – monitors and manages the status availability of Mac workstations and servers.
• Network Performance – ensures optimal network performance for Mac exclusive and mixed network environments.
• Local Services – monitors CPU, disk, log analysis, memory and process availability.
• Reporting – provides the operational and tactical information required to support day-to-day IT operations and help MSPs demonstrate value to their customers.
• Notifications and Alerts – makes MSPs more effective by providing critical event information to technicians wherever they are, when the events happen via email, SMS or Pager.
In preparation for its Mac-friendly N-central 5.1 platform, N-able is actively engaging and partnering with Apple Specialists and other Apple partners throughout North America. “Our focus is on building awareness for the new platform and offering targeted training and education to Apple partners to enable them to offer winning managed services for the Mac and mixed environments,” says Mark Scott, President & CEO and co-founder, N-able Technologies in the press release. “The N-central 5.1 platform will open the playing field and make managed services a profitable reality for Apple Specialists, as well as solution providers servicing a multiple operating system environment.”
Backed by N-able’s award-winning Partner Care Program, the Velocity System and N-central 5.1 will allow Apple Specialists and other Apple service providers to standardize on a single platform and make it easier and more cost- effective to remotely monitor and manage customer networks. In addition, Apple partners will gain access to N-able’s valuable education, marketing and training resources, as well as targeted end-user marketing collateral.
As part of its research and development for the new Mac OS X agent, N- able solicited the feedback of the Apple Specialist Marketing Co-op (ASMC), an industry group of independent Apple Specialist Dealers from across the United States. “Together we identified how to effectively and profitably deploy managed services in a Mac or blended OS environment,” continues Scott.
John Christophersen, CEO of MacSpecialist, a solution provider who is beta testing N-able’s N-central 5.1 Apple Agent, says the company is the definitive leader for Macintosh managed services. “N-able has gone out of their way to listen to the needs of Apple Specialists. Their approach of focusing on the business requirements of a managed services business, as well as Apple technology has been quite refreshing. They are defining the standard for an IT business partner. We look forward to a long and valuable partnership.”
Kevin Langdon, chief executive of Crywolf, an Apple Specialist dealer based in San Diego, concurs and points to the new business opportunities and expanded market reach managed services will bring to his Mac-centric business world.
“In terms of market share, N-able is to managed services what Apple’s iPod is to MP3 players, and for good reason. N-able’s Velocity System will breathe fresh revenue streams into our business model and open the doors to new opportunities in uncharted markets,” says Langdon. “As one of the first Apple Specialists to engage with N-able, we’re eager to get the word out to our fellow Apple partners and bring a more proactive service model to our customers. That’s why the ASMC is so excited to be working with N-able to help develop and introduce their products to our members.”
N-able’s Velocity System is the industry’s first comprehensive, solution- focused MSP business transformation offering. Comprised of innovative technology, business transformation services and service workflow optimization tools, the Velocity System helps transform solution providers into successful MSPs. With five separate solutions for Application, Desktop, Network, Security and Voice over IP (VoIP) managed services, N-able’s Velocity System touts the broadest and most complete range of flexible, solutions-centric managed services and business transformation offerings available on the market. The Velocity System is backed by proven best practices and N-able’s unparalleled partner care. These services enable MSPs to customize their offering to specific customer needs with the lowest cost of services delivery.
Founded in March 2000, N-able Technologies is the market leader in transforming service organizations into managed service providers (MSPs). N-able’s combination of products, people and processes help service providers, OEMs, resellers, VARs, Telcos and ISPs develop, sell and deliver highly profitable managed services to the small- and medium-sized business (SMB) and mid-enterprise markets. N-able’s product line provides complete solutions to monitor, manage and optimize information technology and security from a business perspective to evolve IT services from reactive to proactive to managed. More info can be found at: http://www.n-able.com
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.