Dave Matthews Band and Apple today announced the availability of the entire Dave Matthews Band catalog on the iTunes Music Store. For the first time ever online, fans of Dave Matthews Band can purchase and download individual songs from the band’s catalog for just 99 cents per song exclusively from iTunes.
“We’re excited to offer Dave Matthews Band fans our entire catalog on iTunes for downloading to their computer or iPod,” said Dave Matthews in the press release. “After releasing ‘Stand Up’ on iTunes the band received such great feedback that we decided to make all of our music available on the iTunes Music Store.”
“We’re thrilled to be the first digital music store to offer the songs from Dave Matthews Band for individual purchase,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s vice president of iTunes in the press release. “We’ve sold over one billion songs since launching the iTunes Music Store just three years ago, and the availability of every Dave Matthews Band song for purchase is yet another major milestone for iTunes and digital music.”
Beginning today, fans can download songs from Dave Matthews Band albums including; “Under the Table and Dreaming,” “Crash,” “Before These Crowded Streets,” “Everyday,” “Busted Stuff,” “Stand Up” and “Remember Two Things.” Dave Matthews solo album “Some Devil” and violinist Boyd Tinsley’s solo album “True Reflections” are also available. Each album can be downloaded from iTunes for $9.99 and individual songs for 99 cents each.
Dave Matthews Band has sold more than 35 million albums in the United States alone and over 12 million concert tickets, making them a top album seller and concert draw year in and year out. The band begins their summer tour on May 30 with a date in St. Louis, Missouri’s UMB Bank Pavilion and is not expected to finish until late September at which point the band will have played nearly 50 dates in total. For more details on tour dates and ticket information, visit http://www.davematthewsband.com
With Apple’s legendary ease of use, pioneering features such as integrated video and Podcasting support, iMix playlist sharing, seamless integration with iPod and groundbreaking personal use rights, the iTunes Music Store is the best way for Mac and PC users to legally discover, purchase and download music and videos online. The iTunes Music Store features a selection of over 3,500 music videos, Pixar and Disney short films, a variety of hit TV shows, and more than two million songs from the major music companies and over 1,000 independent labels.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Dave Matthews Band vs. Apple (directions around DMB’s DRM-laden ‘CD’ included) – August 16, 2005