“Every story has its heroes and villains, and the history of Apple Computer is no exception,” Wired News writes. “The world’s most lickable computer company has seen its share of good guys and bad guys during its 30-year history, and sometimes, the goodie is also the baddie.”
Pete Mortensen makes his case for “who should worshipped and who should be whipped.”
Mortensen’s list of Apple Heroes and Villains:
• False Idol: Jef Raskin
• Villain: Dave Nagel
• Hero: Bill Atkinson
• Scapegoat: John Sculley
• Villain: Gil Amelio
• Hero: Burrell Smith
• Hero: Steve Jobs From 1976 to 1985
• Villain: Steve Jobs From 1985 to 1997
• Hero: Steve Jobs From 1997 to Present
• Villain: Michael Spindler
• Hero: Andy Hertzfeld
• Hero: Steve Wozniak
• Hero: Tony Fadell
• False Idol: Bruce Tognazzini
• Hero: Guy Kawasaki
Full article here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
CNET celebrates three decades of Apple Computer – March 29, 2006
For three decades Apple has sizzled while Microsoft has nearly always come up short – March 29, 2006
Wired posts ‘Apple Operating System Gallery’ to mark Apple’s 30th birthday – March 28, 2006
Apple Computer consistent innovator again and again over 30 years – March 26, 2006
Apple continues to shine as company nears 30th year – March 24, 2006
‘Thirty Apple Years – A Celebration… Through Their Advertisements’ happens April 1st in Melbourne – March 24, 2006