“Technology-research firm IDC said Monday that the delay in Microsoft’s Windows Vista operating system will affect personal-computer sales this year, but that PC shipments should still grow at more than 10 percent annually at least through 2008,” AFX reports. “IDC said that computer shipments are expected to reach 229.4 million units in 2006, a 10.5 percent increase over the 207.6 million shipments in 2005. For 2007, the researcher estimates shipments of 254 million units, up 10.7 from its 2006 forecasts, and that figures for 2008 should rise a minimum of 10.5 percent.”
“The forecasts are slightly above IDC’s projections last November, when the firm estimated an 8.9 percent rise in 2007 PC shipments,” AFX reports. “Loren Loverde, an IDC analyst, said that there will be some delay in customer purchases this year due to Microsoft’s plans to postpone releasing Vista until January 2007. However, Loverde added that the delay should ‘shift only moderate [sales] volume from the fourth quarter of 2006 into 2007’ and not cause a major loss in PC sales.”
Full article here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.