“Listening to your iPod doesn’t have to be a solo pursuit. The popular Apple players have spawned a range of speaker systems with built-in docks; just drop in your iPod and you can rock out at home, at work or on the go. But which speaker setup should you get? Your options range from Altec Lansing’s portable inMotion iM11 and iHomeAudio’s alarm-clock-style iHome iH5, both costing about $100, to the $300 Bose SoundDock you may have seen advertised on the sides of city buses. And now Apple’s $350 iPod Hi-Fi sets a new standard,” Julio Ojeda-Zapata writes for The St. Paul Pioneer Press. “Brace yourselves for serious sound. We tested our iPod Hi-Fi loaner alongside a Bose SoundDock and decided that extra $50 is money well spent if you’re in the market for a top-tier iPod speaker system. SoundDock users shouldn’t rush to upgrade, however, because the iPod Hi-Fi doesn’t add anything new.”
Ojeda-Zapata writes, “The iPod Hi-Fi is gorgeous gear, though, and it sounds sensational. On those grounds, it’s the iPod speaker setup to beat.”
Full article here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Mike H.” for the heads up.]
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Consumer Reports: iPod Hi-Fi ‘mildly disappointing’ – March 17, 2006
Chicago Tribune writer: ‘Don’t be duped’ by Apple’s iPod Hi-Fi – March 13, 2006
Time Magazine’s Gadget of the Week: Apple iPod Hi-Fi – March 13, 2006
CNET: Apple iPod Hi-Fi is a ‘box of delights’ – March 09, 2006
Detroit Free Press: Apple’s new iPod Hi-Fi delivers ‘powerful, room-filling sound; mighty tempting’ – March 07, 2006
PC Magazine Editor’s Choice: Apple iPod Hi-Fi ‘this one’s a winner’ (4.5 stars out of 5) – March 04, 2006
Review: Apple iPod Hi-Fi – March 03, 2006
The Inquirer reports on attack of Apple cultists, blames MacDailyNews for inciting ’email fatwa’ – March 03, 2006
CSFB: Apple iPod Hi-Fi a harbinger of things to come – March 02, 2006
Inquirer writer: Apple Mac, iPod users are gullible saps – March 02, 2006
Apple iPod Hi-Fi photos from all angles – March 01, 2006
Videos of Steve Jobs introducing Mac mini, iPod Hi-Fi – March 01, 2006
Apple debuts iPod Hi-Fi speaker system, leather cases for 5G iPod, iPod nano – February 28, 2006